"Artdocfest" will hold the Pitching of independent projects for authors from the former USSR for the fifth time. Pitching sessions will be held from 8 to 10 September online in cooperation with the Baltic Sea Forum for Documentaries.
In 2021, 180 project applications from 15 countries were received for the Artdocfest / Riga pitching.
As a result, the following projects were selected for participation - finalists. The 10th project will be announced separately on August 27th.
- «In Search of the Miraculous», dir. Tanya Bazhenova / Russia
- «Free voices», dir. Docwave / Belarus
- «And his brothers», dir. Alexandra Likhacheva / Russia, Germany, Belgium
- «Queendom», dir. Agniia Galdanova / Russia
- «Bones», dir. Alexander Zubovlenko / Russia, Belarus
- «It is black », dir. Vitaly Akimov / Russia
- «Generation», dir. Andrey Gryazev / Russia
- «Characters study», dir. Nikita Efimov / Russia
- «Stelth», dir. Nikita Ikonnikov / Russia
The Pitching Directorate is pleased to announce that this year the permanent partner the Current Time TV channel, has increased the prize fund. At the end of the session, the Pitch Winner will receive $ 3,000 for the production of his documentary. For the second and third places, participants will receive $ 1,500 each.
By tradition, the Artdocfest / Riga Directorate, in addition to the direct finalists of the pitching, invites projects with observer status to participate.
Due to the fact that in 2021 we received many applications, we invited 39 projects to attend the online events Artdocfest / Riga and the Baltic Sea Forum for Documentaries.